Thursday 14 April 2016

Fuchsia Butterfly

Hello and thank you for visiting today.

First I would like to welcome my two new followers  Sue and Brenda. I think lots of you will already know them both well.

Well I've finally made my card to enter into Mrs A's F is for Fancy Folds and Fuchsia challenge on her Butterfly Challenge blog after racking my brains for something fuchsia coloured that I could use.

 Suddenly remembering that I had a Sharpie pen in that colour I roughly  scribbled it onto some copier paper,  punched out two 2 inch  squares and "fancy folded" my butterfly wings.  I coloured a strip with a black marker which I used to make the paper bead body.  The antennae were made with craft wire.  I put a Wink of Stella clear on the wings and body.

I had fun making the background with a metal stencil I bought on Sunday at the Dabble Day workshop.  I moved the stencil around on the background drawing through it to make the flowers which I coloured with the same Sharpie pen and a yellow pencil then did a little doodling on the centres of the flowers and some petals..

As the background still looked a little empty I added the dots with the  Sharpie pen and added the small black butterfly which was in a packets of Papermania Vinyls,  kindly sent to me  recently by a blogland buddy.

The sentiment is from a well loved Hobby Arts set of sentiments.  I matted it all onto a black card after inking the edge with Mustard Seed Distress ink.

26 comments:

Erika said...

Your butterfly is beautiful Barb, love the bright fuchsia. The background has worked brilliantly too.

Hugs Erika. x

brenda said...

Thank you for the warm welcome Barb.

This is a really super card and that Butterfly is amazing, such dimension and perfectly coordinated to the background.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love your fuchsia butterfly Barb and it was such a clever idea to use fancy folds to make it. :) x

Aquarius said...

Lovely fuchsia shade and some clever folding for the butterfly

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hi Barb, how clever are you...just love that butterfly. Very effective card.

crafty hugs Pen x

Lisa Andersson said...

Your butterfly is absolutely amazing, Barb! Very clever folding and a very eye-catching card.
Hugs, Lisa

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a pretty card Barb and love your gorgeous butterfly...thank you visiting my blog...

Anne

Cara said...

Fabulous creativity to make something to fit the challenge. You got the vibrancy bang right, my attempt ended up in the bin as it was just too dayglo! Cara x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such a clever idea and fab result! Love your fancy-folded fuxia butterfly and the stenciled flowers! Great card!

Unknown said...

Love your card Barb, your butterfly is very clever what a great idea :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Barb...What a love card....love your butterfly....great colour....Joolsx

meg said...

Lovely card Barb the butterfly is a beautiful vibrant colour

AlisonC said...

This is really lovely .Love how you've made the butterfly and the background too. I have that set of sentiments and have used them many many times.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Barb, love your bright beautiful card, and the butterfly is gorgeous, and the button for the body is a super idea, wonderful bright colours, Kate x

rachel said...

so very pretty - I love it to bits Barb - great colours -big hugs rachel x

Carol L said...

Your stenciled background turned out quite pretty, and I just adore those butterfly wings you created! NJ!

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Barb. What a clever idea to make the butterfly the fancy fold. xx

Margaret said...

You have done a wonderful job with this card Barb. The stenciling the doodling and the folding all goes so well together and those little dots of colour just perfect.
Hugs
Margaret M

Valerija said...

Beautiful card. Love the butterfly.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a truly crafted card, all the elements started off as plain paper and you have transformed them in this gorgeous card - beautiful!
Lorraine

Donna said...

Seriously loving that butterfly. Barb. x

lilian said...

what a lovely card. Love the back ground.

lilian

Jenny L said...

Hi Barb,
what a very super card for the Butterfly challenge.
That was a very clever idea, the folds on that superb butterfly.
Lovely background you have made also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

KandA said...

super card and that folded butterfly is fabulous xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So clever to come up with all of this. Great card!

samantha wade said...

Great card, perfect colour and great folded butterfly, thanks for entering the challenge, guest DT.x