Friday 21 August 2015

Smiles on Friday - Week #133

We had friends staying for a few days this week.

The weather was mainly kind and didn't stop us  enjoying ourselves.  We did lots of catching up, eating and drinking.

We spent one day in Stratford-Upon-Avon where we had a lovely boat trip on the River Avon and another day visiting Oxford.

This photo was taken from the top of  the hop-on, hop-off tour bus in Oxford  during a short stop.  I was amused to see lots of these taxis around with Periodic Table written all over them.  A little bit different from the normal black cabs aren't they!

I'm linking this post to A Stitch in time blog, Smiles in Friday.

Tomorrow I'm going to Coleman's  in Rushden  with friends for a workshop "Christmas in August".  We  make four cards using the same stamp then take the stamp home with us.  I'm looking forward to it a lot.  On Sunday I'll have two football matches to watch back to back.  The perfect weekend for me.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

11 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Barb. Have a lovely time with your friends.....love the taxis
Hugs,
Annie x

Sue Jones said...

oo enjoy the workshop. Love those taxis :) Hopefully the weather will be better this week.Soojay x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Hi Barb, just popped across from Darnell's blog! I wanted to say "hello, new friend" I'm happy to be your latest follower and hope to visit as often as I can - although I am going to be without internet for a whole month from next Friday - so I'm off to have a look around now, before I go. I have enjoyed looking at the photos here on this page. Have a great day! Hazel xx

Twiglet said...

Love those Taxis! have fun. x Jo

Lisca said...

Oh you had a lovely time with your visitors. I've never been to Oxford, but it's on my list of things to see. I love the taxis with the Periodic Table on them. Very scientific!
Have a great week,
Lisca#6

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Barb...always nice to have friends visit and take in the sights....very cute colourful taxis. Enjoy yourself at the Christmas workshop, cheers Robyn

Anne said...

Fun taxis. Have a fab time crafting - look forward to seeing the cards. X

Hettie said...

Haa Haa! on first glance these looked like they had tape measures painted on them...perfect for a sewer!! I have had a little bi of wine tonight though. Don't they look great.
Been too long since I went to Stratford.
Your workshop sounds like fun.
Hugs
xx

mamapez5 said...

I love the taxi cabs. More towns should try that. I hope you have a good time at the Christmas workshop. It sounds fun. Kate x

JoZart Designs said...

Super taxis and they'll be a great tourist attraction.
Hope you enjoy your workshop!
jo x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Barb, sorry I'm late ... been away for the weekend and then back to packing up my craft room ready for the planned makeover. Love the cabs ... they do make a change :) Elizabeth xx