Thursday 2 July 2015

Batch Card Making



 Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog today.

As we'd been warned it was going to be very hot yesterday I decided to craft for just a short time in the morning and spend the afternoon watching Wimbledon.

I decided to do some batch card making so I die cut  four of these 'spikey' circles with a die from an
X-cut set from watercolour paper.

I used Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Abandoned Coral Distress ink.  I wiped some of each of the colours close together on my craft mat and spritzed with water.  I waited a moment then pressed the circle onto the paper instead of swooshing it.

I wiped the ink off the craft sheet after each circle was coloured and re-applied the ink. Although I used the same three colours each time all four circles turned out different colours  Here are just two examples.

I used a Hobby Arts sentiment stamping off the circle then I placed the circle onto some white card to find the right position.  After removing the circle I stamped the sentiment onto the white card, and stuck the circle back, matching up the sentiment on both the circle and the white card.  I trimmed the white card, mounted onto some black card and stuck my topper onto a 5 inch square card.  I added the gems for sparkle and balance.


Thank you for stopping by.  Please do come again.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Greetings Barb, wow it is hot here in the Northwest. Love the splashes of colors and fun design.

Hugs Diane

Lou said...

you created such a lovely effect Barb. Batch making is good, i should do more of it!