Thursday 2 April 2015

Sprayed through stencil (1 of 3)


Good Evening and thank you for popping by.

I was recently introduced to Heidi Swapp's "Stencil Minis".  They are just the right size for using as toppers and so I ordered her four sets which arrived this morning. I've had fun playing with them today.

I got out some shimmer sprays that have been hidden away for several years now.  Two of the colours didn't spray too well so I have only used a pink and blue which fortunately were working fine.

After placing the stencil on the card I sprayed with the pink and then the blue before very carefully lifting the stencil from the card.

I added the hearts washi tape to the top then mounted onto a scrap of black card which I tore at the bottom.

The strip of patterned paper was lying on my worktop and I thought the colour matched quite well so I machine stitched down the left-hand side and then stuck it onto my white A6 card.  I decided to zigzag stitch the side of the topper then added that to the card and finally stuck on the two heart stickers to add interest.

It somehow didn't quite look finished so I quickly drew over the "hello" with a fine black micron pen.
My first card finshed so I made another two.

No comments: