Thursday 19 March 2015

My first 'Bokeh'

I watched a video explaining the bokeh technique on a blog I often visit and decided to have a play.  This is my first attempt.  I was quite pleased with how it turned out so I trimmed it down to make into a card.

Three colours of Distress ink were blended onto a piece of white card then I spritzed with a fine spray of water and dried with my heatgun. White Brilliance ink was blended on through a handmade mask of diecut circles.

I  matted it onto black card and stuck it onto a 5" square white card. I used a small star stamp to lift some ofthe white paint off the white dots.   It looked incomplete so I added a few silver star peeloffs.

The sentiment is a Hobby Arts wood mounted stamp.  It's one of my favourite birthday sentiments and is out on my desk all the time.   Here's a link to one of  Dawn Griffith's blogs with the bokeh video (and many other great tutorial videos too)  Dawn's Stamping Thoughts.

1 comment:

Dee said...

great card barb..fabulous colours...havent tried the bokeh technique myself yet but this inpires me to have a go...