Tuesday 3 March 2015

Harry's Baptism


We went to our Grand Nephew's Baptism at the weekend and this is the card I made for him.

I started doing parchment craft after watching Christine Coleman demonstrating on Create and Craft several years ago.  It's something I enjoy doing a great deal when I am in the mood.  I generally only make parchment cards for friends and family for special occasions because of the hours they take to complete.

As I didn't have a pattern for a Christening card I had to give it a bit of thought before I began.

 The border is from a design in a book which I bought some time ago.  The corners are drawn with a silver pen and cut out.  For the picture of the church I used an old Kanban Christmas stamp which I stamped onto a scrap of paper.  I put the stamped image underneath the parchment and moved it around until I was happy with the position then traced it and embossed on the back then added a little colour.  Finally the words were done on my computer, traced and embossed on the back.

I backed the parchment  with dark blue card and attached the corners of the parchment to the card with small silver and pearl brads which I've had for several years.  They were from Papermania.  The ribbon was then added and an insert put inside.

I really had fun making this card for dear little Harry. We  enjoyed a lovely day with family and friends.

2 comments:

BruceW said...

I really like this card Barb - the church works really well as a baptism subject (obviously) and I love the ornate border. I

Barb said...

Thanks for your comment Bruce. I really enjoyed making it. Barb