Friday 27 February 2015

'Owl' Friend


On Wednesday I went out with 2 friends to Leighton Buzzard.  We had a wander round the town, coffees in Costa but best of all visited Loobi Crafts.  I've not been there before and it's really well stocked with craft stuff .... Heaven!

Anyway I finally got this patch owl that I've been after for a while.  It is by Woodware.

Yesterday I stamped the image on 5 different 6inch  papers from a DCWV pad.  I think the colours are really pretty.  I cut the 5 owls out then today began making my 5 cards.

This is the second of the cards - I haven't yet managed to get a good photo of the easel card I made - but I will keep trying.

Anyway, I stamped the owl image in black ink onto 5 different backgrounds and set about paper piecing them.  It's a technique I really enjoy as I'm able to cut out the pieces  in front of the tv in the evening.

This background paper is from my stash and quite plain so I stamped the swirls onto it with a sepia ink then rubbed round the edge with Cordruoy Distress ink and finally edged with black.  I mounted it onto a black mat that was cut with a Tonic matting die.

I was about to attach the matted image to the card when I realised there were several marks of Distress ink on the white card.  I'd not done the best job cleaning up my craft mat.  So - I put a small amount of the cordruoy ink onto my craft mat and with a damp babywipe that was on my desk dabbed all round the edge of the card, then put it all together.  I was pleased with the result - just another happy accident.  I do seem to have quite a lot - accidents that is, they're not always happy though.

I added the card candy to the corners with silicone glue as I felt it needed something more.  The small sentiment and several others came with the owl but the main sentiment is a wooden De Nami stamp that I bought last year on a visit to Stamp Addicts.  I finished by putting glossy accents on the beak and little heart.

No comments: